ALCO in Action
The Adirondack Scenic Railroad's Railfan weekend, sponsored by the ALCO Historical & Technical Society, was a resounding success for both organizations. The event was well attended and we successfully spread our good will about the organization to new people. In case you missed it, photos of the event can be found here: http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/archivethumbs.aspx?id=93986
The AHTS is sponsoring a special event to remember, a weekend on the Adirondack Scenic Railroad, August 3-4.
We are looking for AHTS members to volunteer for the event. Call (518) 928-9655 if you are available.
Members of the ALCO Historical & Technical Society receive special pricing. Check back soon for further details.
- Passenger trains south to Otter Lake and north to Big Moose Station
- Saturday evening slide show on historic points along the line
- Two night photo sessions with R&R’s Steve Barry (8/2 and 8/3)
- 128 mile round trips out of Utica’s Union Station both days
- Brunch and lunch trains to Big moose Station both days. Be one of the first to ride this section of rail in over 30 years!!!
- Equipment displays and caboose hops
- Test your skills on a real locomotive simulator
- Cab tours on multiple Alco and EMD Units
For more information visit www.AdirondackRR.com or call (315) 724-0700.