The AHTS is sponsoring a special event to remember, a weekend on the Adirondack Scenic Railroad, August 3-4.
We are looking for AHTS members to volunteer for the event. Call (518) 928-9655 if you are available.
Members of the ALCO Historical & Technical Society receive special pricing. Check back soon for further details.
- Passenger trains south to Otter Lake and north to Big Moose Station
- Saturday evening slide show on historic points along the line
- Two night photo sessions with R&R’s Steve Barry (8/2 and 8/3)
- 128 mile round trips out of Utica’s Union Station both days
- Brunch and lunch trains to Big moose Station both days. Be one of the first to ride this section of rail in over 30 years!!!
- Equipment displays and caboose hops
- Test your skills on a real locomotive simulator
- Cab tours on multiple Alco and EMD Units
For more information visit www.AdirondackRR.com or call (315) 724-0700.
Year One–A Look Back
Sponsored by: AM&J Digital, The Gazette, and The Times Union
Special Guest Speaker: State Senator Hugh Farley
Dinner by TOP SHELF Catering, Music and Silent Auction
$ 50 per Person, Sponsorship and silent auction donation details on the Annual Gala page.
RSVP By October 1, 2012
Cash Bar. Cocktail Attire Suggested
Benefits the American Locomotive Company Heritage Museum A Project of the ALCO Historical & Technical Society - a Not-for-Profit Organization
The train departs at Noon from the depot in Milford, NY, so get there early for a ride on the Cooperstown and Charlotte Valley Railroad, August 17, 2014. There will be photo stops along the way and a rare visit to Cooperstown. Special rates for AHTS (you can join online). Then enjoy dinner from 5-7pm at Brooks House BBQ in Oneonta, NY. Learn more...
The current home of the AHTS Museum Exhibits in Amsterdam, NY, the Walter Elwood Museum is having their 75th Anniversary Annual Ice Cream Social on Saturday, August 9th, 2014 from noon until sunset. Live music, car and bike show, children’s games and crafts, book signing, museum tours and much much more!!!
The AHTS has arranged a book signing by Richard T Steinbrenner, our chairman of the board too.
The date is set, now to finalize the details. Check back for more info.